MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION
The Coaching Association of Canada and Gymnastics Canada recognize the value of having certified NCCP coaches that are engaged in Professional Development programs which reinforce the values of lifelong learning.
In order for NCCP coaches to maintain their certified status, they will be required to obtain Professional Development (PD) points. PD points can be earned through a multitude of activities that coaches already participate in, including (but not limited to): national and provincial sport organization conferences and workshops, eLearning modules, NCCP workshops, coach mentorship programs, judging, facilitating courses, working on a committee, and active coaching.
In most cases coaches are already earning their required PD points -- Maintenance of Certification is simply the introduction of tracking these points and recognizing coaches for their efforts.
In the last 12 months have you:
- Attended an NCCP workshop?
- Taken an NCCP eLearning module (like Making Head Way)?
- Attended an annual event that impacted your coaching (like a provincial conference, symposium, or summit)?
- Actively coached a team or individual?
- Facilitated a course or workshop?
- Attended a non-NCCP coaching event (like a training camp)?
- Been involved in a mentorship program?
- Been involved in a working group or attended a committee meeting?
- Attended a webinar or guest coach lecture hosted by an NSO or PTSO?
If you answered yes to any of the above – YOU’RE ALREADY EARNING PD POINTS!
If you still have questions or concerns about Maintenance of Certification – we want to hear them! Feel free to visit: http://www.coach.ca/maintenance-of-certification-s16745 where you’ll find loads of PD opportunities, information about how to read your PD requirements in the Locker, and a handy Frequently Asked Questions section. If that doesn’t cover it – please let us know! You can contact us at email@example.com.
PD Points Chart click here.