Canadian team announced for 2019 Pan American Championships in Acrobatic Gymnastics
OTTAWA, ON (September 9, 2019) – Gymnastics Canada is pleased to announce the names of the athletes, coaches, and judges nominated to attend and compete at the 2019 Pan American Championships for Acrobatic Gymnastics, set to take place in Monterrey, MEX from November 22-24.
Hosted by the Mexican Gymnastics Federation, the 2019 Pan American Championships are a major continental gymnastics competition in acrobatic gymnastics which are contested every two years. This is the second time that a Canadian delegation has been formally selected to represent Canada at this competition. In 2017, Canada sent a delegation of 29 people to the Pan Am Championships in Daytona Beach, Florida.
“The Canadian acro team experienced great success on the podium two years ago in Florida, but with a bigger and more experienced delegation this season, we are looking forward to even more medal performances,” said Meredith Warner, Program Manager for Sport Development at Gymnastics Canada. “The increase in delegation size is especially exciting to see as it reflects GymCan’s commitment to supporting the development and growth of the acrobatic gymnastics discipline across Canada.”
- 11-16 Women’s Group: Joelle Attard, Ally Attard, Karyzza Guilermo – Oakville Gymnastics Club
- 11-16 Women’s Group: Avery Lanoue, Charlotte Penner, Juliana Summers – Oakville Gymnastics Club
- 11-16 Women’s Group: Janiya Ericson, Tatum Stock, Keira Weber – Capital City Gymnastics Centre
- 11-16 Women’s Pair: Faith Provost, Olivia Kopec – Oakville Gymnastics Club
- 11-16 Women’s Pair: Olivia Pham and Emily Pitters - Capital City Gymnastics Centre
- 12-18 Men’s Pair: Kristian Diana, Max Hendershot – Oakville Gymnastics Club
- 12-18 Mixed Pair: Mila Di Salle, Theo Rots-Chan – Oakville Gymnastics Club
- 12-18 Women’s Group: Lola Gray, Teeba Sabeeh, Katelyn Baksa Wiltshire – Oakville Gymnastics Club
- 12-18 Women’s Group: Olivia Beram, Sydney White, Marie-Eve Charette – Oakville Gymnastics Club
- 12-18 Women’s Group: Zoe Williams, McKenna Basisty, Gabriela Morgensztern – Capital City Gymnastics Centre
- 13-19 Women’s Group: Maddy Perretta, Cassandra Larner, Ashlee Chan – Oakville Gymnastics Club
COACHES: Lewis Anderson, Anna Godek (Capital City); Greg Boosey, Scott Middleton (Oakville)
JUDGES: Nancy Carss, Debbie D’Souza, Katia Perin
ABOUT GYMNASTICS CANADA
First established in 1969, Gymnastics Canada has been supporting the mastery of movement in Canada for five decades as the national governing body for the sport of gymnastics in Canada. We work closely with the twelve provincial federations and 700 local clubs to provide a broad range of programs and services to meet the needs of all participants. From athlete development, to coach and judge education, Gymnastics Canada sets the operating standards and practices for the sport in Canada. Our mandate is to promote and provide positive and diverse gymnastics experiences through the delivery of quality and safe gymnastics programming. Visit www.gymcan.org for more information, or follow us @gymcan1. From here, we soar.
For more information, contact:
Director, Communications and Marketing
613.748.5637 x 233