Canadian team announced for 2019 Artistic Gymnastics Junior World Championships
OTTAWA, ON (June 6, 2019) – Gymnastics Canada is pleased to announce the list of athletes and coaches who will represent Canada at the 1st 2019 FIG Artistic Gymnastics Junior World Championships in Gyor, Hungary from June 27th to 30th, 2019.
"The introduction of an Artistic Gymnastics Junior World Championships provides an ideal opportunity for our next generation athletes to measure themselves against their peers on the highest international stage possible. These championships are an even better opportunity than the Youth Olympic Games because they provide for a larger team attendance. It is critical for our high performance athlete pathway to have these performance measurement opportunities in place as they prepare us well to manage our future senior national team expectations and targets,” said Ian Moss, CEO for Gymnastics Canada.
FloGymnastics will also be providing access to the FIG broadcast feed for this event through their channels.
- Clara Raposo, Toronto, ON – Manjak’s Gymnastics
- Cassie Lee, Toronto, ON – Manjak’s Gymnastics
- Okeri Katjivari, Brandon, MB – Brandon Eagles Gymnastics
- Leah Tindale, Campbellville, ON – Dynamo Gymnastics
Team Coaches: Lisa Cowan (Manjak’s Gymnastics); Joe Stouffer (Brandon Eagles Gymnastics)
- Félix Dolci, Laval, QC – Laval Excellence
- Evgeny Siminiuc, Mississauga, ON – Gold Medal Gymnastics
- Nathan Yvars, Varennes, QC – Dynamix
- Ioannis Chronopoulos, Milton, ON – Futures Gymnastics
Coaches: Adrian Balan (Laval Excellence), Nistor Sandro (Gold Medal Gymnastics)
(all times converted to EDT (Gyor is UTC +2)):
Thursday, June 27
- 0400 – 0615: MAG Qualifications (Canada is in subdivision 1)
- 1530: Team & AA Awards
Friday, June 28
- 1300 – 1445: WAG Qualifications (Canada is in subdivision 5)
- 1445: Team & AA Awards
Saturday, June 29
- 0800 – 1150: Apparatus Finals – MAG - FX, PH, SR. WAG - VT, UB
Sunday, June 30
- 0800 – 1150: Apparatus Finals – MAG - VT, PB, HB. WAG – BB, FX
ABOUT GYMNASTICS CANADA
First established in 1969, Gymnastics Canada has been supporting the mastery of movement in Canada for five decades as the national governing body for the sport of gymnastics in Canada. We work closely with the twelve provincial federations and 700 local clubs to provide a broad range of programs and services to meet the needs of all participants. From athlete development, to coach and judge education, Gymnastics Canada sets the operating standards and practices for the sport in Canada. Our mandate is to promote and provide positive and diverse gymnastics experiences through the delivery of quality and safe gymnastics programming. Visitwww.gymcan.org for more information, or follow us @gymcan1. From here, we soar.
For more information, contact:
Director, Communications and Marketing
Office: 613.748.5637 x 233