National Coach, Women's Artistic Gymnastics - Calgary Gymnastics Centre (Calgary, AB)
1 March 2017
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent, Full Time, Weekend, Day, Evening
- $25.38 to $28.00 Hourly, 40.0 hours per week, Bonus, Other Benefits, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Vision Care Benefits.
- Gymnastics Coach (National Coach, Women's Artistic Gymnastics) (NOC: 5252)
Anticipated Start Date
- 179 Canada Olympic Road S.W., Calgary, Alberta
- •Some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
- •National Coaching Certificate Level 3 or Equivalent
- •First Aid
- •Respect in Sport
- •Making Ethical Decisions
- •Criminal Record Check, Child Intervention Record Check
- •3 years to less than 5 years
- •Minimum 3 years’ experience in National Level Women's Artistic Gymnastic coaching
- •Familiar with standard concepts, practices, procedures and technical knowledge in women's competitive gymnastics
- •Proven ability to develop gymnasts 10-18 years of age to a national competitive level
- •Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions.
- •Develop, plan and co-ordinate competitive schedules and programs.
- •Motivate and prepare athletes or teams for competitive events or games.
- •Participate in coaching clinic instruction.
- • Analyze and evaluate athletes' or team's performance.
- •Observe and evaluate prospective athletes' skills and performance.
- •Energetic and actively fostering a positive atmosphere.
- •Approachable and solution oriented with superior verbal and written communication skills
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail, hand-eye co-ordination, combination of sitting, standing, walking
Work Site Environment
- Public transportation is available. Willing to travel, willing to travel regularly, willing to travel cross-border, willing to travel overnight, willing to travel internationally.
Work Location Information
- Urban area, Various locations
- Reading text, numeracy, communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, computer use, continuous learning
Applicants must have an NCCP Level 3 Certificate, have NCCP Level 3 Certificate in progress, or origin country NCCP 3 equivalent. Applicants must also have a minimum of 3 years of women's artistic gymnastics coaching experience working with the 8-18 year old age group. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have coached and mentored women's artistic gymnasts through a progression up to and including elite/national levels including participation at national championships.
Business and work address is the same: 179 Canada Olympic Road S.W., Calgary, Alberta
- Calgary Gymnastics Centre
Web Site: www.calgarygymcentre.com
How to Apply
Interested Applicants, please submit resume and cover letter to:
Janna Ball, Program Director, Women's Artistic Gymnastics, Calgary Gymnastics Centre
Although we thank all those who apply for the position, only those considered further in the recruitment process will be contacted.