Women's Artistic Gymnastics High Performance Coach - Flicka Gymnastics Club (North Vancouver, BC)
1 March 2017
Flicka Gymnastics Club is located in beautiful North Vancouver, British Columbia. At over 16,000 square feet, Flicka is one of the largest clubs in the province. Since 1962, Flicka has provided excellence in gymnastics training for recreational, provincial, national, and elite level male and female gymnasts. Our alumni include Olympians,Collegiate gymnasts and performers.
Position Title: WAG High Performance Coach
FLICKA GYMNASTICS CLUB
123 23rd St E,
North Vancouver BC
Terms of Employment: Two-Year Contract
Vacation: 15 days of paid vacation per year
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package, which includes: Longterm disability; Dental care package; medical care package.
The High Performance Coach will focus on National Level gymnastics from Developmental to National and International. He or she will be part of the coaching team that develops High Performance athletes that will one day have the opportunity to compete for their Club and Team Canada both Nationally and Internationally.
The HP coach must have extensive knowledge of the FIG WAG code of points, over 5 years experience coaching and be able to coach all four events with specializations in one or more apparatus.
The High Performance coach will allow Flicka to continue to develop and mentor upcoming coaches from Canada and provide athletes with the best opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Plan, develop, and implement training plan for National Girls' Team;
- Motivate and prepare athletes and team for competitions, local, provincial, national and international.
- Analyze and evaluate athlete and team performance;
- Develop, plan, and coordinate competition schedules and programs;
- Participate in coaching clinic instruction;
- Observe and evaluate prospective athletes level of skills and performance;
- Mentor and train other coaches
- Communicate with parents on athlete’s progress
- Perform other duties related to coaching and developing athletes and National Girls' Team as required.
- NCCP level 3 or 4 certification or international equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Physical education, specializing in Gymnastics
- Must have at least five years of experience coaching Artistic Women's Gymnastics at a National Level
- Event specialist will be considered an asset
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume/CV to one of the following methods:
By mail to:
Flicka Gymnastics Club
123 23rd Street East
North Vancouver BC V7L 3E2
Attention: Keith Ryan, Executive Director
By email to: