Events & Marketing Coordinator (GCG) - Ottawa, ON
21 April 2017
Gymnastics Canada (GCG) is the National sport governing body responsible for the governance, development, and promotion of Gymnastics in Canada. Gymnastics Canada works closely with our twelve (12) Provincial Federations and 700 clubs to provide a broad range of programs and services to meet the needs of all participants. From athlete development to coaching and judging education, Gymnastics Canada sets the operation standards and practices for the sport in Canada. Our mandate is to promote and provide positive and diverse gymnastics experiences through the delivery of quality and safe gymnastics programing.
Located in Ottawa, and reporting to the Director - Events, the Events and Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring the smooth functioning of Gymnastics Canada’s various domestic and international events. They will also work with the Director - Communications & Marketing to ensure these events are well-promoted, attended, and generate revenue.
- Manage event registrations;
- Coordinate event logistics including, but not limited to: equipment transportation, accommodations, meeting space, etc.;
- Provide advance support in the management of the multiple local organizing committees of GCG’s annual domestic events;
- Provide on-site event management support to the local organizing committees;
- Liaise between the organizing committees and GCG’s webcast partner;
- Manage the authorization to host and travel program;
- Manage event equipment inventory;
- Assist with the GCG Annual Awards Gala and planning of the Annual General Meeting.
- Maintain the event and classified sections of the GCG website in both French and English;
- Under the direction of the Director - Events, create, update and distribute all event documentation to GCG members and registered participants in both official languages;
- Assist the Director - Communications & Marketing with management of event-specific social media.
- Assist the Director - Communications & Marketing with the event marketing of GCG’s domestic events;
- Liaise with event sponsors and suppliers and troubleshoot during events to ensure that all runs smoothly;
- Provide assistance to the Director – Communications & Marketing with GCG’s fundraising and merchandising programs.
- Provide assistance to the Director, Events in the tracking of revenue and expenses related to the Events Program;
- Liaise with the Finance department regarding Event Program items as needed;
- Assist with event hosting grant applications.
Successful candidates work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, are quick learners with a strong ability to multitask and problem-solve, and exhibit great teamwork and leadership skills. The position involves extensive travel across Canada (average of 6 weeks/year), working weekends at domestic events, and while there, working very closely with co-workers, local event organizers, and volunteers. Staff flexibility and reliability are paramount.
Education and/or Experience:
An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered:
- University/College education in event management, sports administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and expertise;
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft office is required;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written is required;
- Bilingualism (fluent English/French) is required;
- Standard G Driver’s License is required;
- Experience working in high paced, high stress situations is an asset;
- Proven experience with event coordination is an asset;
- Ability to lift/push/pull a minimum of 30lbs during events;
- Ability to stand/walk for an extended period of time during events.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications and resume in confidence by end of day May 11, 2017 to:
1900 City Park Drive – Suite 120
Ottawa, ON, K1J 1A3
We thank all the applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.