Full-time Coach (Halton Hills, ON)
15 May 2017
The HALTON HILLS GYMNATICS CENTRE (HHGC) is a dynamic and unique organization located in the beautiful “Town of Halton Hills”, Ontario.
Due to steady growth and program expansion, we have a very special full time (35 hours/week) coaching opportunity for a highly qualified and experienced Gymnastics Coach to join our active, friendly and unique Centre.
The key focus of this position will be to assist our staff team including our Director, Competitive Programs / Head Coach and Director, Recreational Programs / Parent Relations in all aspects of developing and coaching both Competitive and Recreational Gymnastics. This is a full time permanent position with paid vacation and benefits package.
Job start date: As soon as possible
Wage: $41,000.00 / Year
Hours: 35 Hours / Week
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time (some evenings and weekends)
- Health Benefits from Great West Life. They include:
- $500 per type of treatment for physiotherapy, massage, chiropractic and a number of other treatments
- 90% of prescription drugs
- Eye care - $100/year for glasses plus routine check-ups
- Dental - $1,000 / year for routine care and $1,200 for major dental work
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Paid statutory holidays
- Travel expenses paid when travel is required ($0.46/km, meals and accommodation costs)
- Re-location allowance if required
Security and Safety (must be willing to obtain):
- Criminal record check
- First Aid / CPR Certification
- Risk Management certification as required by Gymnastics Ontario
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel overnight, Travel expenses paid by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail, Handeye coordination, Standing for extended periods
Work Location Information: Urban area
Work Site Environment: Air conditioned, Nonsmoking
Personal Suitability: Dependability, Flexibility, Initiative, Organized, Excellent written communication, Interpersonal awareness, Excellent oral communication, Effective interpersonal skills, Values and ethics, Team player, Reliability
Specific Skills: Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions, Develop, plan and coordinate competitive schedules and programs, Motivate and prepare athletes or teams for competitive events or games, Participate in coaching clinic instruction, Analyze and evaluate athletes' or team's performance, Observe and evaluate prospective athletes' skills and performance, Prepare and maintain progress and other reports, Organize and administer national and provincial programs (training, coaching or officiating)
Additional Skills: Carry out management or administrative duties, Train other workers, Judge in competition preparation, Equipment safety assessment, Testing and evaluation, Practice and rehearse dance routines
Work Setting: Local sports club
Sports Concentration: Gymnastics
Credentials and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Education
- NCCP Level 2 Women’s or Men’s Artistic Gymnastics Certification or foreign equivalent.
- 5 years or more of coaching Gymnastics, Trampoline, Tumbling and Parkour
- Formal training and certification on judging gymnastics from a national gymnastics organization.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Experience as a competitive gymnast at the national level
- Proficiency in English
How to apply:
Job URL: http://www.haltonhillsgymnastics.com/careers
The Halton Hills Gymnastics Centre (HHGC) is a non-profit organization having roots in the Town of Halton Hills going back 30 years. HHGC has developed into an organization that is a leader in accessibility, inclusion and diversity. We invite you to apply today to join our dynamic team. To apply, please send a brief cover letter and resume to:
Thank you to all potential candidates for considering these opportunities. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.