Gymnastics Director (Lévis, QC)
15 May 2017
You have great leadership and mobilizing skills, you have a dynamic attitude and rigor in addition to having a notable experience in the field of female artistic gymnastics? The Gymnastics Club L'Envol de Lévis is looking for a candidate like you.
The Lévis Gymnastics Club is a non-profit organization run by a board of directors and has been part of the Levis community since 1971. Over the past 45 years, thousands of children from the Greater Lévis and its surroundings were able to practice gymnastics with pleasure and passion. This year, we have 100 athletes in the competitive sector and nearly 1,000 youth in the recreational sector.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Gymnastic Director directs and develops gymnastics programs for all of the Club's gymnasts and oversees those responsible for the recreational and competitive sector. Specifically, the candidate will:
- Establish a strategic plan of the Gymnastic’s Club progression;
- Develop gymnastics program for both recreational and competitive sectors;
- Establish a consistency between programs and education in the recreational and competitive sectors;
- Train the elite athletes and/or pre-team
- Provide technical trainings to recreational and competitive leaders;
- Coordinate all of the leaders in both recreational and competitive sectors;
- Establish a career management plan for coaches and athletes;
- Organize and coordinate special events, trainings or other gymnastic activities for Club members (gymnasts, coaches, parents);
- Attend events of Quebec’s Gymnastics Federation (congresses, conferences, trainings, general assemblies, etc.) as well as sit on a committee of the Regional Gymnastics Association or the Federation
- Attend and actively participate to the Club’s various events (galas, annual show, competition, carnivals, etc.)
- Have at least a Level 3 certification from the National Coaching Certification Program (or equivalent) with more than 5 years experience (preferably) as a female artistic gymnastics coach;
- Possess innovative leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and possess team management skills;
- Experience in the training of recreational, regional, provincial and national gymnasts according to the criteria of the International Gymnastics Federation;
- Ability to install and inspect gym equipment;
- Be an enthusiastic, responsible and reliable team member;
- Demonstrate a professional attitude in order to be a role model for members of the club's coaching team and gymnasts;
- Experience as a judge (an asset);
- Post-secondary training and supervisory experience (an asset);
- Complete the criminal record review process (will be initiated within two weeks of hiring, with reimbursement of expenses by the Club);
- Be able to provide manual assistance to gymnasts on each machine (mandatory).
- A creative person, proactive, available, passionate about gymnastics and who enjoys working with children;
- Excellent ability to work in a team and adapt to change;
- Rigor and integrity;
- Ease with the public and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent planning, organizing, managing and mobilizing skills
Permanent position, full time.
Salary based on experience and certification level.
Those interested by the position must send in their resume accompanied by 3 references to Josée Guillmette, Executive Director of the Club, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. All applications will be treated confidentially. Follow-ups will be carried out with every candidate.