Head Coach Artistic Gymnastics (Corner Brook, NL)
21 June 2017
HEAD COACH – Full Time Permanent Position
Saltos Gymnastics Club: Corner Brook, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
The Saltos Gymnastics Club is a high energy club looking for someone with great ideas to lead our Club as Head Coach. We are the largest gymnastics club on the West Coast of the province. Saltos has approximately 500 athletes enrolled in various programs. There are approximately 70 competitive WAG gymnasts from JO 2-7, 15 competitive MAG gymnasts from levels 1-3, and over 400 recreational gymnasts from ages 1 – adult.. Our Club recently moved to a beautiful new training facility complete with 2 new in-ground trampolines and a loose foam pit. For more information, check out www.saltosnl.com or like us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/#!/saltosgymnastics.
We are located in Corner Brook, a small, vibrant community with a degree granting university and an amazing alpine ski resort just 5 minutes from the heart of the City. Gros Morne National Park is just a short drive from the city. Thinking of moving here for this opportunity? Check out www.cornerbrook.com, www.grenfell.mun.ca/Pages/Grenfell-Campus.aspx, and www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/nl/grosmorne/index.
• Competitive Coach MAG and WAG
• Developing and overseeing all aspects of the competitive program at Saltos
• Setting goals and monitoring the development of each athlete
• Developing training plans for athletes as well as staff
• Supervising and managing all competitive coaches
• Attending competitions and camps
• Assisting with all aspects of the Club as needed
• A LEADER!!
• Someone who wants to make a difference in a great club!
• NCCP Level III certification or equivalent
• 5+ years of advanced coaching experience
• Excellent spotting skills
• Someone who enjoys working with children and young adults of all abilities!!
• Someone who can communicate well with athletes, parents, coaches and volunteers!
• First aid certification or a willingness to get it. Trampoline certification is a definite asset as well as choreography experience.
• A police check
Salary: We offer an attractive compensation & benefits program.
Please send us your resume and two work references to Jeff Young, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about our Club, call Jeff at 709-639-7080.