Men's Artistic Gymnastics Coach (Calgary, AB)
21 June 2017
Men's Artistic Gymnastics Coach
Gymnastics Coach (Men’s Artistic Gymnastic)
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Weekend, Day, and Evening
40.0 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: July 2017
Location: 179 Canada Olympic Road S.W., Calgary, Alberta
- Some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
- National Coaching Certificate Level 3 or Equivalent
- First Aid
- Respect in Sport
- Making Ethical Decisions
- Criminal Record Check, Child Intervention Record Check
- 3 years to less than 5 years
- Minimum 3 years experience in National Level Men’s Artistic Gymnastic coaching
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, procedures and technical knowledge in men’s competitive gymnastics
- Proven ability to develop gymnasts to a national competitive level
- Energetic and actively fostering a positive atmosphere.
- Approachable and solution oriented with superior verbal and written communication skills
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions.
- Develop, plan and co-ordinate competitive schedules and programs.
- Motivate and prepare athletes or teams for competitive events or games.
- Participate in coaching clinic instruction.
- Analyze and evaluate athletes' or team's performance.
- Observe and evaluate prospective athletes' skills and performance.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail, hand-eye co-ordination, combination of sitting, standing, walking
Public transportation is available. Willing to travel, willing to travel regularly, willing to travel cross-border, willing to travel overnight, willing to travel internationally.
Reading text, numeracy, communication, working with others, problem solving, decision making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing, computer use, continuous learning.
Applicants must have an NCCP Level 3 Certificate, have NCCP Level 3 Certificate in progress, or origin country NCCP 3 equivalent. Applicants must also have a minimum of 3 years of men’s artistic gymnastics coaching experience working with the 8-18 year old age group. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have coached and mentored men’s artistic gymnasts through a progression up to and including national levels including participation at national championships.
Compensation: Please submit desired wage range with Application
Other Benefits, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Vision Care Benefits
Calgary Gymnastics Centre
How to Apply
By e-mail: Interested Applicants, please submit resume and cover letter to: Scott Rayment: Men’s Artistic Gymnastics Program Director
Although we thank all those who apply for the position, only those considered further in the recruitment process will be contacted.