Recreation Program Manager (Ottawa, ON)
24 August 2017
Tumblers Gymnastics is looking for a Recreation Program Manager.
Permanent, Full-Time Position (35-40 hours/week)
Salary: commensurate with experience, full benefits, retirement plan, performance bonuses
All interested applicants should forward their C.V. to: email@example.com
Program Managers, in addition to being coaches and/or instructors, are responsible for the leadership and success of an assigned program. That is, they are responsible for the full range of development and implementation of the program. Program Managers report directly to the GM and have considerable impact upon the financial success of Tumblers Gymnastics. They must be individuals who are highly dependable, have dynamic leadership qualities and have a shared commitment to our values of Service Excellence, Profit Drive, Learning Organization and Pioneer in Sports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: (Including but not limited to)
I. Business Strategy: (5% Weight)
- Plan your work, work your plan and hold oneself accountable for all aspects of the success and performance of your department (Do what it takes to get the job done)
- Abide by and guide support staff on all company policies and procedures by developing a working knowledge of the employee handbook
- Participate actively in management team meetings and demonstrate flexibility and cooperation with the leadership team
- Demonstrate commitment to improving your skills and abilities by reading, studying and other personal efforts and participation in ongoing educational opportunities.
II. Financial management: (5% Weight)
- Develop and carry out marketing and financial goals for the program
- Demonstrate ability to “up-sell” and retain customers
- Schedule staff with the intention of keeping payroll expenses low
- Monitor the financial health of your department
III. Process: (70% Weight)
- Ensure proper staffing and scheduling of coaches to ensure quality and consistency
- Enforcing policies and procedures by actively communicating the employee handbook and refer to it regularly. It is an important tool in the manager’s tool box
- Responsible for coaching all children enrolled in the program
- Develop a curriculum with progressively appropriate lesson plans for use by coaches
- Create and maintain a stable and functional rotation plan for all recreational classes in conjunction with other programs
- Incorporate creativity and seasonally appropriate approaches for implementing programming
- Seek feedback from your staff to keep parents informed of plans, expectations and student development
- Quickly address problems at appropriate level of authority and direct difficult problems and constructive solutions upward
IV. Managing Human Capital: (15% Weight)
- Support all programs by redirecting all employees behaviors
- Be a positive role model to co-workers at all levels (colleagues, subordinates and superiors)
- Provide regular and consistent feedback to staff
- Evaluate staff performance and facilitate training for your staff
- Educate staff to teach students to develop across all learning domains including physical, mental, emotional and social character and life skills
- Participate in the hiring process and life cycle of your staff.
V. Professional/Personal Development & Community Involvement: (5% Weight)
- Maintains all required Professional Certificates for staff.
- Pursues training opportunities through Tumblers Gymnastics training curriculum to enhance LEADERSHIP skills and improve overall effectiveness.
- Strive to continually improve the knowledge of Tumblers Gymnastics programs, services, processes, and business relationships.
- Share information on a regular basis with senior management and during staff meeting
- Serves as a role model in and out of the office and develop/maintains excellent rapport with customers and other Tumblers Gymnastics community partners.
- Recognized as a leader in the local community and participates regularly in local activities, as required.
Other duties as assigned.
Necessary Attributes, Skills, Knowledge
- Gymnastics knowledge (level 2 NCCP certified is an asset)
- Team Building and Team Work
- Interpersonal skills
- Understanding others
- Capacity for collaboration
- Working with and thru others
- Self management, self awareness, self control, resilience
- Organizational capabilities, Comfort with organizational structures
- Appropriate use of power and authority
- Responsible and accountable
- Action Orientated
- Ability to handle sensitive problems and manage change.
- Self confident and comfortable with visibility.
A successful candidate in this position is trustworthy, honest, conscientious, knowledgeable, friendly, courteous, kind, loyal, reliable, enthusiastic and sincere. Program Managers are in a leadership role and maintain excellence of attendance, instilling this in others. You’ll lead by example and work with other talented people who share your passion for doing great work that’s in the best interest of our customers. In this management position you should anticipate need and be responsive to the staff and client needs. This position demands a person who is easily approachable and understands the need to deliver a high quality of service.
At Tumblers Gymnastics you’ll be a part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions. You’ll work with other talented people who share your passion for doing great work that’s in the best interest of our customers. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the gym and a difference in our community.
Tumblers Gymnastics is one of Ottawa’s premier gymnastics facilities, serving over 1,500 students in competitive and non-competitive gymnastics, tumbling, fitness, toddler, preschool, and summer camp programs. With top-notch coaches and staff, and a world-class facility. Tumblers Gymnastics is the perfect place for your child's athletic pursuits.