Trampoline and Tumbling Coach (Edmonton, AB)
10 October 2018
Ortona Gymnastics Club, is a not-for-profit, independent sports organization that was founded in 1976. We currently are home to over 2000 recreational athletes and a growing competitive program ranging from developmental to national athletes in trampoline and tumbling, women's and men's artistic disciplines. As one of the oldest gymnastics clubs in Edmonton, Ortona has a long history of community involvement, athlete development and child/youth sport activity and movement. Ortona is very proud of its legacy in the Edmonton community.
Ortona is seeking an individual that will grow with our organization. This is a full time, permanent position for the right individual. We are a family-centred business working with families of all ages. Ability to work around families and children a must.
Enriching the lives of those in our community who strive for personal excellence, through gymnastics.
Full Time Permanent Trampoline and Tumbling Coach (NOC 5252)
This position embraces a team coaching philosophy and requires a high level of technical expertise. Coaching athletes of all ages and the enjoyment of the process, to enhance an athlete's successes, is a passion you emanate. Duties will include developing and administering training programs in coordination with the Technical Gymnastics Programs Director and other team coaches. In addition to competitive and developmental, recreational class instruction is a requirement of this position. Some travel is required for out of province and country meets during competitive season.
Hours of work:
37.5 hrs/wk, variable day/evenings/ weekends as per schedule with at least one weekend day as part of the schedule. Striving for 32 hours of coaching a week in all disciplines with 5.5 hours remaining for equipment maintenance and administrative functions as required.
Education: F.I.G. Level 2 in Trampoline or National Coaching Certification Level 3 Trampoline. Certificate/Diploma in any of Physical Education, Education, Recreation/Leisure, Early Childhood Development, Disability & Rehabilitation Studies an asset. Experience equivalencies considered.
- Minimum five years’ previous trampoline and tumbling coaching experience including programming for and working with young children in a physical environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficient DMT, Tumbling and Trampoline coaching skills.
- Proven successful work history as youth tumbling/trampoline coach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiastic ability to foster positive relationships with a diverse group of employees, members and volunteers.
- Ability to inspire and motivate team members.
- Positive attitude and the ability to work with children of all ages.
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions for recreational and competitive athletes.
- Nurture and develop athletes' potential skills and abilities in recreational and competitive.
- Formulate competitive strategies, develop plans and direct athletes during competitions.
- Analyse and evaluate athletes' performances and modify training programs.
- Must be physically capable of performing a wide variety of physical tasks including walking, running, sitting, lifting, crouching, kneeling and jumping for extended periods of time to instruct and observe participants in proper gymnastics techniques.
- Ability to lift equipment to perform job functions, and to lift a small to average size child.
- Travel may be required.
- May perform work at heights
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Work will be performed in both indoor and outdoor environments in a variety of weather conditions.
Language: Fluent English written, speaking and comprehension skills required.
Vacation: 2 weeks (4%) in accordance with Alberta Labour standards
Required for Employment:
Current Criminal Records Check, current Alberta Child Intervention Check; Standard First Aid/CPR (minimum) and Respect in Sport Certification must be obtained within first three months of hire if not completed.
Address of Work: Saville Community Sports Centre, 11610 – 65 Avenue NW. Edmonton, AB T6G 2E1
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and certification
Benefits: Extended health/dental available after 3 months of continuous employment for full time staff.
Professional Skills Upgrading:
Available after 9-months of continuous employment is passed and within budget constraints and in line with directives established by Ortona. Employee re-imbursement on pre-approved courses and upon proof of completion/passing.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer that provides a workplace environment that fosters creativity and innovation; we offer competitive rates, flexible schedules, benefits, challenging projects, a dynamic and friendly work environment. We are looking for someone to fit into the current team with a professional, cheerful, take-charge/can-do attitude.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your expected salary and notice period.
Please make sure to include which position you are applying for and be detailed regarding your experiences. Required certificates & checks must be supplied before job start. Any job offers made will be conditional upon receipt of the required documentation.
Ortona Gymnastics thanks all applicants for their interest, but advises only those under consideration will be contacted.