WAG Program Manager/Coach (Ottawa, ON)
29 March 2018
Tumblers Gymnastics Centre is a not-for-profit organization based in Orleans. There is close to 18,000 square feet of gym space with approximately 150 athletes in its competitive Women’s, Men’s and Trampoline programs. The Centre is presently seeking a Women’s Artistic Program Manager to oversee the competitive and pre-competitive programs. We are looking for a dynamic individual with proven communication skills to provide vision, planning, mentorship and coaching within the program.
This individual will have the following qualifications or equivalents:
- University degree or college diploma in recreation and leisure studies, sports administration, or other related discipline
- N.C.C.P. Level 3 certification (theory and technical – WAG) and Level 2 trampoline;
- Minimum 5 years progressive coaching experience coaching up to National caliber
- Demonstrated track record in the areas of program development, staff supervision, customer service
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) in English; French an asset;
- Current Gymnastics Ontario (GO) Risk Management and First Aid Certification.
- Current Vulnerable Sector Check
- Good interpersonal skills and judgement
Main Responsibilities include:
- Coach and Coordinator of the competitive WAG Competitive/Pre-competitive athletes
- Under the direction of the General Manager, the program manager will coordinate and develop the Tumblers Gymnastics WAG Program. The duties will include; ensuring that the WAG programs follow all GO and Tumblers Gymnastics policies and procedures; and have appropriate staffing and programming to ensure the safety and progression of skills for all athletes.
- Assist in and develop strategic planning of the WAG program, as well as other programs of the centre as needed;
- Be a team player (the program coordinator works very closely with other program coordinators and the General Manager to ensure smooth operations of the centre)
- Develop and implement training schedules for the WAG Programs that take into consideration the needs of Tumblers Gymnastics athletes while effectively utilizing our available resources.
- Ensure proper coach-to-athlete ratios to maximize the highest quality of programming.
- Ensure proper skills development and progression for both athletes and program coaches.
- Oversee the assessment, testing and proper placement of athletes for the competitive program; and to also ensure the proper competition registration levels.
- Work with the General Manager as required to ensure policies and procedures are maintained as per GO guidelines, the Employment Standards Act and the budget.
- Participating in regular management meetings;
- Administrative duties include but are not limited to:
- Regular communication with staff, athletes and parents
- Ongoing planning with individual coaches for athletes at all levels
- Responding to general inquiries regarding competitive programs
Interested applicants are to send resumes to the General Manager by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your salary expectations. For more information about Tumblers, please visit our website at www.tumblers.ca.