Sport Facility Operations Manager (Edmonton, AB)
9 May 2018
Ortona Gymnastics Club, is a not-for-profit, independent sports organization that was founded in 1976. We currently are home to over 2500 recreational athletes and a growing competitive program ranging from developmental to national athletes in trampoline and tumbling, women's and men's artistic disciplines. As one of the oldest gymnastics clubs in Edmonton, Ortona has a long history of community involvement, athlete development and child/youth sport activity and movement. Ortona is very proud of its legacy in the Edmonton community.
Ortona is seeking an individual that will grow with our organization. This is a full time, permanent position for the right individual. We are a family-centred business working with families of all ages. Ability to work around families and children a must.
Enriching the lives of those in our community who strive for personal excellence, through gymnastics.
SPORT FACILITY OPERATIONS MANAGER
Responsible for the day to day operational management of the entire gymnastics operation. The Sports Facility Operations Manager will report to the Executive Director in the implementation, organization, and programming of all schedules, maintenance, staffing, events, and volunteers.
- Manages operations of a gymnastics area within a sports facility.
- Complete and implement the clubs yearly planning calendar
- Create communication plan to align with yearly planning calendar. Work with OGC staff to manage social media platforms and implement communication plan.
- Liaison with partners to book all ancillary spaces for all programs within the facility ie boardrooms, classrooms, studio, gymnasiums etc.
- Book and provide detail itinerary for all excursions, club team building events, etc.
- Program and manage the registration system. Working with Accounting and CSR to ensure all upgrade requests are properly documented and communicated with vendors.
- Work with OGC staff to complete rotations and coach schedules for entire club.
- Books and organizes travel for training camps, team competitions and events.
- Lead and facilitate committees to host all gymnastics competitions.
- Participate on committees with OGC partners such as the south campus parking committee
- Facilitate special maintenance and minor construction projects using knowledge of the proper and safe use of personal tools and equipment.
- Coordinates day to day operations along with special events by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities and timelines
- Facilitates and resolves all scheduling and rotation issues.
- Develops schedules for employees in accordance with AB Labour standards
- Develops schedule for all volunteer activities for all club events.
- Maintains inventory on equipment, supplies, and materials; participates in annual inventory counts
- Directs the maintenance and care of assigned equipment and instructs OGC staff in the proper use and maintenance of such equipment.
- Supervision of all administrative and operational staff
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work.
- Encourages staff participation and gym ownership; “Team” is a critical part of Ortona
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- Bachelors’ degree in sports or business-related field, an asset
- 2 years scheduling experience in any industry
- Experience in programming community recreation activities, and/or sport leagues.
- Strong delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities
- Strong communication, leadership, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to organize, evaluate, communicate and present information effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret, communicate, implement and enforce company policies and procedures
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- Must possess general mechanical abilities to troubleshoot and oversee basic repair
- Ability to work without supervision and make decisions that impact the organization financially
- Must have professional presentation as an ambassador of the club serving as a property leader
- Ability to approach others in a tactful manner and reacts well under pressure
- Possess considerable knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service
- Ability to communicate complex directions and information effectively so others will understand
- Ability to listen and understand questions and ideas presented verbally and in writing
- Must have previous managerial experience and a minimum of three years’ experience in recreation type facility
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends, holidays
- Travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Must be physically capable of performing a wide variety of physical tasks including walking, running, sitting, lifting, crouching, kneeling and jumping for extended periods of time.
- May perform work at heights.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50lbs may be required.
- Work will be performed in both indoor and outdoor environments in a variety of weather conditions.
- Prior to first day of work current Criminal Records Check and Alberta Child Intervention Check;
- Current Respect in Sport certification and Standard First Aid (minimum) to be obtained within first six months of hire.
- Full-time position
- Schedule will require weekends and evenings during September to June
- Summer months Monday to Friday.
Language: Fluent English written, speaking and comprehension skills required.
Vacation: 2 weeks (4%) in accordance with Alberta Labour standards
Required for Employment: Current Criminal Records Check, current Alberta Child Intervention Check; Standard First Aid/CPR (minimum) and Respect in Sport Certification must be obtained within first three months of hire if not completed.
Address of Work: Saville Community Sports Centre, 11610 – 65 Avenue NW. Edmonton, AB T6G 2E1
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience and certification
Benefits: Extended health/dental available after 90 days of continuous employment for full time staff.
Professional Skills Upgrading:
Available after 9-months of continuous employment is passed and within budget constraints and in line with directives established by Ortona. Employee re-imbursement on pre-approved courses and upon proof of completion/passing.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer that provides a workplace environment that fosters creativity and innovation; we offer competitive rates, flexible schedules, benefits, challenging projects, a dynamic and friendly work environment. We are looking for someone to fit into the current team with a professional, cheerful, take-charge/can-do attitude.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please make sure to include which position you are applying for and be detailed regarding your experiences. Required certificates & checks must be supplied before job start. Any job offers made will be conditional upon receipt of the required documentation.
Ortona Gymnastics thanks all applicants for their interest but advises only those under consideration will be contacted.