Communications Coordinator (Kitchener, ON)
12 June 2018
The Kitchener Waterloo Gymnastics Centre located in the community of Victoria Hills, is a not for profit organization that was established in 1965 and has been servicing the community for over 50 years. Our mission is to inspire enthusiasm for and lifelong involvement in gymnastics by providing positive and diverse programming.
The Communications Coordinator is a full time position working in collaboration with the Senior Staff, Admin Staff and reporting to the Executive Director to develop, coordinate and execute internal and external communication strategies. The CC will also build relationships with traditional media with the emphasis on increasing the profile of KW Gymnastics in the community.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Senior Staff to develop communications strategies that will broaden the reach and deepen the impact of KW activities.
- Content management of the website.
- Coordinate social media activities.
- Media relations – pro-actively seek media coverage for newsworthy initiatives. Draft press releases.
- Produces newsletters, manages club bulletin boards and information monitors.
- Assist with Special Events
- Quality control of internal and external documents.
- Assist with Office Administration Duties (registration, customer service etc.)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Post-secondary education in a course relevant to communications, journalism or public relations.
- Minimum 2 years of direct work experience in related field.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to communicate messages in a professional and engaging manner.
- Strong computer skills and excellent knowledge of MS Office programs
- Good knowledge of website management
- Experience using various social media platforms and knowledge of social media engagement strategies.
Reports To: Executive Director
Position: Full Time (Some Nights and Weekends May Be Required)
Start Date: August 1, 2018 (Negotiable)
Resume’s will be accepted in confidence and should be submitted by: June 30th, 2018
Kellie Hinnells, Executive Director
Only individuals receiving an interview will be contacted.