Head Trampoline Coach (Sudbury, ON)
15 June 2018
GymZone Gymnastics & Athletics continues to be Sudbury’s expert in gymnastics for over 45 years. With two thriving locations (Sudbury & Valley) we are always looking to grow and expand. We are a well-established professional recreational gymnastics and athletics facility with life-long development as a top priority. We deliver the highest quality programs in our community based in gymnastics that encompass athlete fitness, movement fundamentals, safety and – the key ingredient - maximum fun!
We are actively looking for an energetic and passionate individual to champion our trampoline program from the grassroots level (including our off-axis (ski/snowboard air awareness) and parkour/go-ninja programming) to the competitive (national) level.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of working experience at a competitive level in Trampoline
- NCCP Technical 3 in Trampoline (Certified 3 is an asset and will be required within the first year of employment)
- Risk Management and Respect In Sport (or be willing to obtain)
- First aid training + CPR Training (or willing to obtain)
- Power Tumbling experience would be considered an asset
- Off-axis + Ninja/Parkour experience would be considered an asset
- Applicants should be energetic and reliable. Having great leadership and communication skills are a must!
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team environment
- Must exude professionalism, drive, initiative, positive energy, dedication and have a passion for working with children in a group-learning environment
- Flexible hours are required, including evenings and weekends.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Plan and direct the both the recreational and competitive Trampoline program
- Assist with the other competitive programs as needed (WAG and TUMBLING)
- Oversee the progression of all the competitive trampoline athletes
- Work in close collaboration with the other competitive coaches
- Attend TNT competitions including applicable Tour Selection, Easterns and Provincials
- Annual succession planning for athletes and overall program
- Actively participate in and support the development of team building opportunities for competitive program
- Work closely with the Competitive Program Director to assist in creating an effective, seamless schedule for regular season training, holiday training (Christmas and Summer) in addition to a rotation schedule and gym clean-up schedule
- Submit meet/competition expenses to Competitive Program Director for pre-approval
- Proactively submit all athlete levels for upcoming competition registration
- Budget accordingly for all competition accommodations, travel and expenses
- Proper sizing of athlete competitive suits and tracksuits annually
- Coordinate with Administration Lead regarding athlete information for competition registration forms and beyond the score information
- Mentorship and training processes for up and coming Recreational Coaches
- Timely communication of athlete performance at competition for various media + social media outlets
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter prior to June 30th, 2018 with Head Coach – Trampoline as a subject line to email@example.com
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.