Recreational Head Coach (Langley, BC)
30 July 2018
Langley Gymnastics Foundation is a non-profit society located in the Langley Events Centre that provides quality gymnastics programs to athletes of all ages and skill levels, from Parent & Tot gymnastics classes to Competitive programs. We’re searching for a professional individual ready to join our team to balance some coaching and administration as a full-time Recreational Head Coach.
OUR ORGANIZATION’S MISSION
To provide the environment and support structure for every athlete of our club to achieve his or her goals. Our motto is “What I Believe, I Can Achieve!”
The individual in this role will, under the supervision of the Board of Directors, be responsible for the leadership and direction of the Recreational Program. This includes implementing an effecting Recreational Program at LGF while fostering continual education and development of coaching staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organize, develop, and evaluate all of LGF’s Recreational Programs to effectively meet the needs of the athletes, community, and LGF
- Develop and maintain annual budgets for the Recreational Program, while maintaining fiscal responsibility for this program
- Plan and conduct meetings with employees to communicate team targets, goals, and projects
- Organize, supervise, and schedule Recreational staff
- Assist with the creation and updating of curriculum for all programs
- Enforce and adhere to the organizational policies & provide guidance and support to staff
- Manage HR for the Recreational Program staff, including hiring/firing, training, certification tracking, performance management, and discipline.
- Handle customer complaints or concerns regarding the Recreational Program
- Ensure that the Recreational staff have all the tools they need to complete their job, including but not limited to: lesson plans, rotation schedules, attendance sheets…etc.
- Assist in the organization and running of LGF special events, as needed
- Work collaboratively with the other Program Heads and Management Team Members to ensure the success of LGF as a whole
- Attend and participate in Management Team and Board meetings
- Exceptional phone manner and customer service skills - the ability to fully understand customer needs, and the drive to go above and beyond to meet those needs
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Honest, punctual, reliable, and excellent at communicating with team members and customers
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with a high level of initiative and the ability to coordinate and manage priorities
- Adaptable, fast learner, and the ability to learn basics of our Online Registration and Facility Management software (training provided)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Desktop, mobile, and tablet experience – a minimum typing speed of 50 WPM is required
- Experience with Google Drive applications such as Google Forms and Google Docs
- Experience with MS Office programs, specifically Excel and Outlook
- 2+ years’ experience in a leadership role preferred
- Minimum Level 2 NCCP certificate
- Respect in Sport certificate
- 3+ years of recreational gymnastics coaching experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field is an asset
- Valid First Aid and/or CPR certificate
- Clean Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector check
- Full-time: 30-35 hours administration, 5-10 hours coaching recreational programming
- Monday – Friday working schedule offered, with occasional evenings and weekends along with assistance during busy event periods as needed.
- We offer competitive wages as well as a benefits package, along with a fun, casual, and dynamic work environment
- This position will have a 3 month probationary period, and the benefits package will be included after the probationary period has passed.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send us a cover letter explaining how your skills will help you excel in this role, and why you want to take on this position
- Send us a current resume
Both can be emailed to Tattina Tedaka-Slavik at email@example.com
Thank you to all who apply, however only selected candidates will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process.