Women's High Performance Competitive Coach (Sarnia, ON)
13 November 2018
The Bluewater Gymnastics Club, located in SW Ontario, Sarnia, Ontario, Canada has been in existence for over 40 years and is world renowned for successful programs at all levels from over 2000 Recreational Members to Competitive National Team Members competing internationally.
We are seeking a dynamic, competitive coach who has demonstrated leadership training elite high performance gymnasts and leading progression and placement of athletes within a collaborative team culture.
Women’s High Performance Competitive Coach, level 3-4 Certified
Competitive women’s coach to work with a team of competitive coaches. Must have experience coaching women’s competitive gymnastics on all events and have a minimum of NCCP Level 3, with ambition to achieve level 4 including Trampoline. This is a full-time direct hire salary position. We are looking for a long-term career focused coach.
- Attending and preparing High Performance Athletes and all athletes for competitions
- Yearly planning of athletes’ competitive programming; exceptional organizational skills
- Progression of pre-competitive and Provincial level athletes
- Energetic, active and engaging while coaching, to create a positive training environment; the strength and ability to lift, and spot all four women’s artistic events required
- Understanding and appreciation of the field of talent identification, selection and confirmation and how this contributes to the development of the competitive program
- A skillful and persuasive communicator, with a specific focus on the needs of the elite gymnasts and coaches, adept at parent interface and understands the importance of engagement and information sharing for an overall optimized experience for families
- Mastered skillset of how individual athletes are motivated and ability to vary his/her approach to develop the very best performance and to bring the best out of existing talent-ability to make behavioural changes to have a positive impact on performance
- Skill in fostering positive relationships to be able to encourage creativity and contribution from others; ability to work effectively with colleagues
- Abilities should include being able to work as a partner coach or independently offering leadership and inspiration
- 5 years’ experience is required, with strong technical knowledge
- First Aid/CPR, AED and Vulnerable Sector & Police Screening
Competitive Salary & Employment Package; relocation and benefits for the selected candidate. Our coaching roles within the organization are highly regarded, well respected and rewarded appropriately for a results driven performance based role.
Submit resume to Rose-Ann Nathan, Executive Director, email@example.com