Gymnastics Coach, Elite Athlete Program (Dorval, QC)
8 January 2019
Company operating name: Wimgym
Le Club de gymnastique récréative et de haut niveau Claude Pelletier Ltée (“Wimgym”) is a gymnastics club established on the West Island of Montreal (Quebec, Canada), with over 80 provincial and national level athletes and over 500 recreational athletes. The Club has its origins in Wimgym Inc., in operation for over 40 years and having built up an excellent reputation in delivering high quality gymnastics.
Business address and working location: 2090 Place Transcanadienne, Dorval, Québec H9P 2N4
Title of position: Gymnastics Coach, Elite Athlete Program
- Prepare and train our female athletes for high-level gymnastics competitions at Provincial, National and International stages including identifying strengths and weaknesses of athletes.
- Planning, developing and implementing training and practice sessions.
- Nurturing and developing our high-level athletes' potential skills and abilities.
- Liaise with various regional, provincial, national and international gymnastics governing associations and local affiliations.
- Create and execute career development plans for all athletes and coaches.
- Plan for competitions at all levels (Defi, Provincial, JO, National, International, etc.)
- Formulating competitive strategies, developing plans and assisting athletes and other coaches during competitions or athletic events.
- Analyzing and evaluating athletes' performances and modifying training program accordingly.
Terms of employment:
- The work schedule is 7 hours per day, totalling 35 hours per week. The candidate may be required to work various hours based on training needs.
Wage: $50,000.00 per year
Benefits package being offered: $1,200.00 annual refund on family medical and dental insurance.
Vacation: 15 paid vacation days annually
Work experience and skills requirements:
- At least 5 years of experience acting in the capacity of Gymnastics Coach for high-level female athletes competing at Provincial, National and International stage under FIG requirements.
- Have NCCP Level III minimum (or equivalency).
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a proven ability to lead a team.
- French or English speaking and understanding skills are required.
Education: Completed post-secondary diploma in a related field is preferred but not mandatory.
Please contact Mr. Claude Pelletier, Head Coach/General Director (please submit resume by email):