Full-Time Head Competitive Director - Women's artistic gymnastics (St. Albert, AB)
1 May 2019
HEAD COACH POSITION
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of kids through sport, join the coaching team at St.Albert Gymnastics Club, (SAGC) where we just don’t build athletes; we build people!
We’re a supportive, tight-knit team that works together to bring out the best in each child – and each other, with on-going coach development and mentoring. Enthusiastic, hardworking and dedication!!
Our coaches are the professionals who are key in developing and maintaining the high quality of the developmental, community, outreach and advanced programs we offer at our 20,000 sq ft, state-of-the-art facility and in our beautiful community of St Albert. We believe our club culture is one of the reasons we’re a desired gymnastics club.
We have an immediate opening for one full-time Women’s Gymnastics Coach for our team (75% of coaching time) and other program coaching with (25 % administration roles). Our goal is to further develop our competitiveness for our gymnasts by engaging a technical development program to assist in the growth of our athletes and coaches – from beginner to elite levels.
Full Time Position With The Following Attributes
- NCCP Level 3 Certified (minimum) in Women's Artistic Gymnastics
- Respect in Sport Certification
- Making Ethical Decisions
- Level 2 trampoline Certified
- First Aid & CPR Current
- Criminal Record & Vulnerable Sector Check (within 3 months)
- Ability and experience in managing a competitive program
- Minimum 5 years coaching experience including programming for and working with children in a physical environment,
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Prior experience as a Head Coach would be an asset but is not required
- In good standing with AGF and Gymnastics Canada
Roles And Responsibilities (Not All Inclusive)
- Coach JO 1-9 and Aspire athletes
- Set up and manage the competitive training program,
- Plan and direct the training and practice sessions for competitive gymnasts
- Maintain regular communication with parents and executive.
- Manage competitive coaches, including conducting annual performance evaluations
- Attend and travel for meets and clinics
- Formulate competitive strategies, develop plans and direct athletes during competitions
- Nurture and develop athletes' potential skills and abilities.
- Must be up-to-date on recent techniques & coaching methods.
- Professionalism, drive and dedication.
- Excellent communication & planning skills.
- Proven leadership background.
- Ability to mentor/support other coaches.
- Positive outlook
- Good organizational skills.
- Continual learner.
- In stills a team working/collaborative environment.
- Salary is commensurate with the background and experience of the applicant.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Contact name: Jennifer Stickney-Lee
Club name: St Albert Gymnastics Club
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact phone: 780-459-4256