Director, Recreational Programs & Parent Relations (Halton Hills, ON)
19 May 2019
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The HALTON HILLS GYMNATICS CENTRE (HHGC) is a non-profit organization located in the beautiful Town of Halton Hills, Ontario. It is dedicated to providing the youth, and residents of Halton Hills and surrounding communities with opportunities to; discover, explore, and embrace the sport of gymnastics in a safe, stimulating and nurturing environment.
HHGC was transformed from the original Halton Hills Gymnastics Club with local roots dating back to 1977. Today, we are a vibrant, volunteer-led, professionally-managed organization that engages actively with families to support the Centre’s operations as well as partnering with the local community.
Due to steady growth and program expansion, we have a very special opportunity for the position of Director, Recreational Programs & Parent Relations to join our active, friendly and unique Centre.
THE POSITION: This is a full time (37.5 hours/week) permanent position. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will provide leadership for our Recreational Program so that it continues to grow and improve. Key responsibilities include scheduling, supervising, supporting and mentoring our young recreational coaches, program planning, summer camp supervision, special event organization and developing positive relations with parents. The successful candidate should be passionate about the sports of gymnastics, tumbling and trampoline and how they can contribute to the physical, social and emotional development of youth.
Preferred Qualifications / Conditions:
- NCCP Level 2 Women’s or Men’s Artistic Gymnastics Certification (or equivalent in experience and/or education)
- NCCP Level 1 Trampoline
- First Aid / CPR Certification
- Police Records Check – Vulnerable Populations
- Post-secondary education in Physical Education, Recreation, Sports Administration or related field.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Competitive salary; negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive, clean, well equipped and organized 15,000 sq. ft. facility.
- Office with laptop
- 3 weeks Paid Vacation
- Paid professional development opportunities
- June 15, 2019 (or until position is filled)
To Apply: Submit a brief letter of intent with a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all potential candidates for considering this opportunity.