MAG Artistic Coach (Vancouver, BC)
3 June 2019
Vancouver Phoenix Gymnastics, located in the heart of Vancouver is one of Canada’s largest and most successful clubs. Home to the best climate in the country, Vancouver is a world-class internationally-recognized city, perfect for those who love life and the outdoors especially. Operating two facilities located in the heart of the city, we are seeking to attract specifically a high Level MAG coach to help in our developmental program and facilitate athletes into our competitive programs. Vancouver Phoenix Gymnastics consistently produces some of Canada’s top gymnasts many of whom go on to represent our club and province as well as national teams competing internationally. Phoenix Gymnastics has long term plans to continue supporting high level pursuits in our sport.
We are currently seeking an individual for the position of Men’s Artistic Coach. We are looking for applicants who are willing to work full time with Provincial, National and International level athletes who coach in a supportive and positive MAG team setting. We will also require successful candidates to assist in our developmental programs to fulfill hours and to identify prospective talent for our competitive programs. Candidates will have the option of a 35 or 40 hour work week. Hours will be early afternoons into the evening and one weekend day. Two days off a week will be provided in the scheduling.
- Regular coaching expectations within the decided schedule
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions
- Nurture and develop all athletes’ potential skills and abilities
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of athletes
- Willingness to follow direction from our MAG Head Coach on setting technique expectations and directions
- Analyze and evaluate athletes’ performances and modify training programs as needed
- Attending competitions, training camps, etc. as requested
- Attending club and MAG program staff meetings & training sessions as requested
- Mentor and support in house coach development
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- 3 to 5 years experience coaching pre-comp & competitive level Men’s gymnastics
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Energetic, active and engaging while coaching, to create a positive training environment
- NCCP level 2 MAG certified or equivalent education
- Record of consistent athlete development and results
- First Aid certification and a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search will be required
- Ability to work and live in Canada
- Supportive and engaging personality who’s interests are in team environments, culture building and collaborative systems
- Great spotting ability and ability to spot consistently
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000+ /year, a competitive benefit package is negotiable depending on certifications experience and results. Assistance with moving expenses may be provided.
Start Date: Summer 2019
Please email your resume and cover letter to Evelyna Chiu, firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted for further screening.