WAG Developmental Coach (Vancouver, BC)
3 June 2019
Vancouver Phoenix Gymnastics, located in the heart of Vancouver is one of Canada’s largest and most successful clubs. Home to the best climate in the country, Vancouver is a world-class internationally-recognized city, perfect for those who love life and the outdoors especially. Operating two facilities located in the heart of the city, we are seeking to attract specifically a high Level WAG developmental coach to help in our developmental program and facilitate athletes into our competitive programs. Vancouver Phoenix Gymnastics consistently produces some of Canada’s top gymnasts many of whom go on to represent our club and province as well as national teams competing internationally. Phoenix Gymnastics has long term plans to continue supporting high level pursuits in our sport.
We are currently seeking an individual for the position of Women’s Artistic Developmental Coach. We are looking for applicants who are willing to work full in the developmental program and also closely with our WAG Head Coach with other athletes as directed. Applicants must be interested in molding our top young athletes and passing them on to the competitive coaches in a supportive and positive WAG Team setting. We may also ask successful candidates to assist in our advanced preschool and young school age programs to fulfill hours, identify prospective talent to draw into the developmental program as well as do occasional work with the competitive teams. Candidates will have the option of a 30 to 40 hour work week. Hours of coaching will be during the day into the afternoon and evenings and possibly on weekends. Two days off a week will be provided in the scheduling.
- Regular coaching expectations within the decided schedule
- The ability to be a self starter when required, but still willing to follow exacting direction from the WAG Head Coach in regards to the content and technique being taught to developmental athletes.
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions
- Nurture and develop all athletes’ potential skills and abilities
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of athletes
- Analyze and evaluate athletes’ performances and modify training programs as needed
- Attending competitions, training camps, etc. as requested
- Attending club and WAG program staff meetings & training sessions as requested
- Mentor and support in house coach development
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- 3 to 5 years experience coaching developmental, pre-comp & competitive levels in WAG gymnastics
- Ability to work in a strong team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Energetic, active and engaging while coaching, to create a positive training environment
- NCCP level 2 WAG certified or equivalent education
- Record of consistent athlete development and results
- First Aid certification and a Criminal Record check with Vulnerable Sector Search will be required
- Ability to work and live in Canada
- Supportive and engaging personality who’s interests are in team environments, culture building and collaborative systems
- Great ability to spot athletes
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000+ /year, a competitive benefit package is negotiable depending on certifications experience and results. Assistance with moving expenses may be provided.
Start Date: Summer 2019 - No later than end of August 2019
Please email your resume and cover letter to Evelyna Chiu, email@example.com. We thank everyone for their interest. Only successful applicants will be contacted for further screening.