Head of Gymnastics - East Campus (Southeast Asia)
31 March 2020
Head of Gymnastics - East Campus
UWCSEA East seeks a highly experienced and forward thinking Head of Gymnastics from August 2020.
The overall Head of Gymnastics is responsible for the design, delivery and monitoring of the Gymnastics programme and its resources. The post holder is responsible for the strategic planning and delivering a diverse programme that caters for the full range of Artistic Gymnastics aptitudes and abilities of the UWCSEA student body. The Head of Gymnastics works closely with the Heads of Activities, the Junior, Middle and High School Physical Education teachers, Service, Finance, Communications and Markeing Departments. The Head of Gymnastics reports to the Director of Activities.
- Strategic planning of the recreational, competitive MAG & WAG gymnastics programme and the gymnastics service programme.
- Coordination of competitive Gymnastics team calendar, home meets, local ACSIS and regional SEASAC Championships and, overseas trips and competitions
- Planning and provision of appropriate facilities and equipment to support the Gymnastics programme
- Monitor, measure and evaluate effectiveness of the programme
- Development, mentoring and quality assurance of a team of eight full time coaches
- Support and drive the leadership team for the gymnastics programme (WAG, MAG coordinators and gym administrator)
Health & Safety
- Implementation and monitoring of child safeguarding and gymnastics centre health and safety policies and practice
- Development and monitoring of budgeting, planning, delivery and monitoring systems
- Design and implementation of the Gymnastics communication strategies and systems
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferred FIG 2/3 or equivalent certificate in coaching performance gymnastics
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification
- At least 5 years of experience within a management role or leading a gymnastic coaching team.
- Minimum of 5 years successful coaching experience (with a proven track record) to include a detailed understanding of performance needs of developing gymnasts.
Skills and Qualities
- Skill in fostering productive relationships with other coaches and be able to encourage creativity and contribution from others. Ability to work effectively with colleagues both within gymnastics and from other departments.
- Shows integrity and is fair, equitable and ethical in approach. Protects confidential information, adheres to policies and demonstrates loyalty to gymnastics and the club.
- Understanding and appreciation of the field of talent identification, selection and confirmation and how this can contribute to the development of gymnastics.
- Have high levels of personal integrity and enjoy connecting with all members of our community
- Share a commitment to UWCSEA values with an enthusiasm for the value of sport within the UWC mission
Interested applicants, please submit an application via our portal by Monday, 13 April 2020.
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to safeguarding our students and protecting them from harm. In keeping with the expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment, those applying for a position at the College must be willing to undergo employment background checks and screening appropriate to the post. If you have a strong sense of adventure and an exceptional level of commitment to teaching and learning, UWCSEA might be the perfect next step for you visit our website to learn more.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to interview, satisfactory references, identity and criminal record checks.