T&T Program Coordinator and Head Coach - Grande Prairie Gymnastics Center
8 July 2020
Grande Prairie Gymnastics Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing high-quality programming while inspiring a foundation of excellence in our community. Since its inception in 1973, Grande Prairie Gymnastics has grown from a setup takedown program to our now 55,000 square foot State of the Art home on the Knowledge Campus in Grande Prairie Alberta. We offer recreational, development and competitive programming in artistic gymnastics, trampoline & tumbling and cheerleading.
Reports to: Executive Director
The T&T Program Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and will work closely with the leadership team to make programs offered, a success. Programs may include developmental, provincial, high performance and other appropriate related programs.
- Plan and lead lessons tailored to the developmental characteristics of the developmental and competitive groups, adjusting activities as necessary to provide optimal challenge for each participant.
- Supervise and mentor the T&T program and coaches, work with the leadership team in the supervision of these coaches for performance and growth.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of the programs for athletes and coaches.
- Oversee the organization and operations of the T&T gymnastics program, coaches and external groups
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILLITIES
- Responsible for the facilitation of T&T programs with input from other competitive coaching staff.
- Supervise and evaluate all coaches working within the T&T program.
- Responsible for planning of and coaching the highest-level groups within the T&T program, along with mentoring the developmental and lower level groups.
- Responsible for planning and implementing special T&T events, competitions, etc. in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Ensure gym and equipment are safe, organized, clean, maintenance and housekeeping needs repaired, reported and/or delegated as needed.
- Maintain paperwork on the T7T program with input from coaches.
- Responsible for the coordination of evaluation meetings to discuss athletes progress with parents once per year or as needed.
- To demonstrate a sensibility to children’s needs and provide encouragement.
- To assist with and oversee active coaching and supervision of T&T staff to ensure maintenance of coaching standards with safety a priority in conjunction with other staff.
- To attend technical clinics and professional development opportunities as requested by the Executive Director and leadership team.
- Work with the Executive Director to ensure all T&T coaches are up to date on all certifications required to perform job duties (coaching levels, first aid, etc.).
- Ensure accident reports and appropriate paperwork is completed and processed.
- Assist with coaching recruitment, interviews, and training in conjunction with the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATINS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Must have a minimum of NCCP Level 3 Trampoline Training certification and Level 2 artistic or equivalent experience in other areas.
- Current First aid and CPR Certification.
- Minimum Mid-Level Supervisory experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exhibit appropriate office behavior that is sensitive to the effect on others personal actions, language and habits, taking personal responsibility for maintaining a professional approach to working relationships.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage and change conflict through effective conflict resolutions.
- Ability to communicate well with all age groups.
- Thorough knowledge of all programs offered within our facility.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in the interpretation and application of related regulations, policies and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the T&T program.
- Ability to present a neat appearance and to deal tactfully and effectively with the community at all times.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to:
Subject: T&T Coordinator
Attention: Executive Director
We thank all who apply; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Grande Prairie Gymnastics and Cheerleading
Grande Prairie, Alberta