Head Coach Position - Smithers Saltos Gymnastics Club
23 July 2020
The Bulkley Valley Gymnastics Association is seeking a full time Head Coach for the Competitive and Pre-Competitive Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) and Men’s Artistic Gymnastics programs (MAG). Smithers Saltos Gymnastics Club has a strong competitive program, an active recreational program led by friendly, competent and dedicated coaching and administrative staff. The culture of our organization is hardworking, supportive and cohesive.
Established in 1975, the Bulkley Valley Gymnastics Association (BVGA) is a nonprofit organization with a solid group of coaching and administrative staff who work together to oversee the smooth running of our competitive and recreational programs. The Smithers Saltos Gymnastics Club is a 5000 square foot facility undergoing a major interior and exterior renovation. Gymnasts have access to a wide-range of gymnastics training equipment and specialty equipment including access to spin in the upper mezzanine, barre and multipurpose room training studio for cross-training opportunities. The facility operates 7 days a week during the regular season and slows down in the summer months. We provide competitive training and recreational programming for a wide-range of clientele including children as young as 18 months up to senior citizens. The Bulkley Valley Gymnastics Association is looking for a Head Coach who is willing to join our gymnastics community, help grow and cultivate the competitive programs, and provide advice for direction of the recreational programs.
Smithers is a small town (population 5000) nestled in the majestic Bulkley Valley with breathtaking views and quick access to the Hudson Bay Mountains. Smithers is primarily a tourist town offering a range of restaurants, cafes, specialty stores, breweries and shopping experiences. There is a vibrant and active community with a wide range of world class outdoor and recreational experiences including steelhead and salmon fish- ing, backcountry biking trails, Hankin-Evelyn backcountry ski area, Bulkley Valley Nordic Ski Centre, Hudson Bay Mountain Ski resort, as well as lots of rivers and lakes to explore on boat, canoe, kayak or paddle board.
Please send your resume with cover letter, credentials, including any video’s you would like via email directed to our Executive Director, Lara Collingwood at email@example.com
We thank all who apply; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Paid Time Off
- Health Benefits
- Relocation benefits will be available for the right candidate.
The Bulkley Valley Gymnastics Association is following all guidelines set forth by Gymnastics BC in response to COVID-19 protocols.
- Level 3 Coaching: 5 years of experience (Preferred)
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Current First aid and CPR Certification
- Extensive knowledge and experience with gymnastics coaching, programming and athlete skill development
- Minimum mid-level supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills for a wide-range of participants, coaches, staff and parents
- High level of professionalism and ability to be an exemplary role model and ambassador for the club at all times
- High degree of accountability for developing and implementing programming and skill development at all competitive levels
- Willingness and ability to actively recruit new athletes
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of all programs (ongoing) offered within our facility and an ability to exercise sound judgement in the interpretation and application of related regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to present a neat, professional appearance and to deal with situations in a professional and effective manner at all times
- Communicate with the Executive Director/ Executive Management on any safety concerns or issues as they arise
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment, providing mentoring and direction to other coaching staff as needed
- Willingness to follow and implement all of the cleaning and safety protocols of the organization (site equipment safety checks, ongoing equipment cleaning and maintenance)
- Ability to address athlete/participant behaviour or issues with parents and suggest appropriate action
- Adhere to all privacy and FOIP regulations