Women's Competitive Coach (The Island Gymnastics Academy - Charlottetown, PEI)
16 August 2021
The Island Gymnastics Academy (Charlottetown, PEI) is searching for a full-time Women’s Competitive Coach
If you are a gymnastics coach who has dreamed about living and working in the most beautiful province in Canada, then we have exactly the opportunity for you!!
The Island Gymnastics Academy is based in Charlottetown, PEI, which is currently ranked as the #1 place to live in Canada by MacLean’s magazine. Our club, who is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, is a recipient of Gymnastics Canada’s Ed Brougham Award. We are looking for a dynamic and passionate individual who will help deliver our Women’s Competitive Program.
We are a values-based not-for-profit organization that puts front and centre the health, safety and physical/mental well-being of our members and staff. We endeavour to provide programming that adheres to all the values of Safe Sport, and to make the principles of gymnastics not just a sport, but a life-long, lifestyle choice.
● Minimum NCCP COMP 1 certification in WAG and trampoline, plus experience coaching WAG JO 1-10. Experience working with National level athletes preferred.
● Must provide a clean background check
● Possess up to date CPR/First Aid Certification
● Have Respect in Sport or Making Ethical Decisions Certification
● Possess a clean driver’s licence
● Must be a team player and be willing to uphold the values of the Island Gymnastics Academy ● Must love coaching and enjoy working with children from ages 6-18
● Must have a desire to be a role model for young gymnasts
● Must be flexible and be willing to work in other programs where necessary
● Must be willing to travel to provincial, regional, and national/international competition when required
What We Can Offer
● An extremely competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
● Financial support for medical and dental benefits
● Attractive relocation package for a successful candidate who lives off-Island ● Assistance in funding for NCCP professional development courses
● Opportunities for career advancement
Terms of Employment
Full-Time (40 hours per week), which may include evening and week-end work. Deadline for applications: October 15 2021.
Start date: January 2022.
Only applications from those eligible to work within Canada will be considered. Please apply with cover letter and resumé to:
Nick Murray (Executive Director) at email@example.com
For more information about the Island Gymnastics Academy please visit: www.islandgymnasticsacademy.com