COMPETITIVE GYMNASTICS COACH
14 April 2022
We are in need of a NCCP Level 2, or higher, WAG Competitive Gymnastics coach.
This position embraces a team coaching philosophy and requires a high level of technical expertise. Coaching athletes of all ages and the enjoyment of the process, to enhance an athlete's successes and development, is a passion you emanate. Duties will include developing and administering training programs in coordination with the Executive Director and other team coaches. QCGC is home to over 70 combined WAG and MAG competitive and pre-competitive athletes and an average of twelve hundred recreational athletes per year.
This position will ideally start June thirteenth of 2022.
- NCCP certification Level 2, WAG
- Working towards NCCP Level 3 an asset
- Level 2 Trampoline Certification or equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of the Canadian Artistic Gymnastics Program an asset
- Experience in recreational gymnastics an asset
- Enjoy working with children in various disciplines
- Team coaching environment and collaboration of skill development a must
- Coach recreational classes in addition to developmental or competitive groups
- Judging certifications an asset
Proven strengths in the area of:
- Customer service orientation – Understanding and meeting internal and external customer needs and perspectives.
- Accountability - Results oriented, takes ownership and delivers on commitments.
- Communication – Clear, concise, tactful, listens actively and objectively, open, and consistent communication with all levels of the organization
- Teamwork – Works collaboratively with others to achieve common goals, while adding value to the team.
- Travel will be required for out of town and out of Province meets during the competitive season.
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends, holidays
- Ability to attend staff meetings.
- Must be physically capable of performing a wide variety of physical tasks including walking,running, sitting, lifting, crouching, kneeling and jumping for potential extended periods of time.
- May perform work at heights.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.Lifting or moving up to 50lbs may be required.
- Prior to first day of work current Criminal Records Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check must be completed
- Current Respect in Sport certification and Standard First Aid (minimum) to be obtained within the first six months of hire.
- Full-time position (25-30 hours/week)
- Schedule will require weekends and evenings during September to June
- Summer months Monday to Friday.
Language: Fluent English written, speaking and comprehension skills required.
Vacation: 3 weeks (%) in accordance with Saskatchewan Labour standards
Required for Employment: Current Criminal Records Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check must be obtained prior to start date, a Standard First Aid/CPR (minimum) and Respect in Sport Certification must be obtained within first six months of hire if not completed.
Salary Range: Will be negotiated based on experience and certification. Professional development available. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer that provides a workplace environment that fosters creativity and innovation; we offer competitive rates, flexible schedules, challenging projects, a dynamic and friendly work environment. We are looking for someone to fit into the current team with a professional, cheerful, take-charge/can-do attitude.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to HR committee at email@example.com Please make sure to be detailed regarding your experiences. Required certificates & checks must be supplied before job start. Any job offers made will be conditional upon receipt of the required documentation.
QCGC Gymnastics thanks all applicants for their interest but advises only those under consideration will be contacted.