CANADIAN GYM WEEK PHOTO CONTEST
Show us your moves during Canadian Gymnastics Week from February 12-18, 2017 and you could win tickets to cheer on Canada at the 2017 FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Championships in Montreal, QC this October!
STEPS TO ENTER:
- Take a photo or short video showcasing a fundamental movement pattern during Canadian Gymnastics Week (full list of movements is here).
- Post it to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using #CDNGymWeekContest.
- Tag your province as well if they will be issuing their own prizes (i.e. @gymnasticsbc)
- Visit our Facebook page to vote, and share to get more votes! You can vote once per day per device (computer, mobile phone, tablet, etc.)
- The entry with the most votes WINS!
The winner of the contest will receive two (2) weekly ticket packages for the 2017 FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Championships. Each package consists of a seat in the 100A Silver section of the venue for the qualification rounds (October 2, 3, 4, 5), and in the 200A Silver section for the finals (October 6, 7, 8). The prize does not cover travel to and from the competition, accommodation at the event, or any other expenses incurred during the competition.
For more information on tickets for the event, visit: www.mtl2017gymcan.com
- The contest is only open to legal residents of Canada.
- Entries will be accepted online starting on February 12, 2017 at 12:01 EST and will stay open until February 18, 2017 at 23:59pm EST.
- The winner will be selected by community voting under the supervision of Gymnastics Canada.
- Voting closes February 22, 2017 at 23:59 EST.
- The winner will be announced on February 23, 2017
Photo Contest – GBC Members Only
- Tag Gymnastics BC (@gymnasticsbc) in all of your GCG Photo Contest submissions for a chance to win a GBC backpack.
- Gymnastics BC will select one winner per day; all winners will be announced the day after Gymnastics Week, Monday, February 20.
Colouring Contest – GBC Members Only
- Host a colouring contest within your club using the official Gymnastics BC colouring sheet (download the colouring sheet here).
- Your club must select 4 winners (one winner per age category). Gymnastics BC will not be accepting individual colouring contest submissions - all winners must be determined by the club.
- Each club must send the full names and mailing addresses of its colouring contest winners to: email@example.com no later than Monday, February 20 at 12:00 p.m.
- Gymnastics BC will mail each winner an exclusive Gymnastics BC backpack!
The colouring contest ends on Monday, February 20, 2017.
ATTENTION CLUBS: winners for the colouring contest must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 20, 2017 at 12:00 p.m.
We have selected a few of our favouite sheets from years past. Choose your favourite and let the creativity flow! We will be looking for submissions in the following categories: 5 and under, 6-8 years old, and 9-12 years old. The winners in each category will win a $50 gift certificate for Chapters/Indigo and the winners will be posted on our Facebook page. Submission deadline is Tuesday, February 21, 2017.
Gymnastics Canada has set up an agenda for the week, featuring a fundamental movement pattern for each day. Each day has a specific hashtag. To enter both AGF and GCG’s photo contests use the daily hashtag provided and #AGFgymwkphotocontest. We’ll be checking our Facebook, Instagram and twitter accounts to see all your great photos. The top 3 most liked photos will win a $50 iTunes card. The winners will be announced on Tuesday, February 21, 2017.
Gymnastics Saskatchewan Contest STEPS TO ENTER:
- Tag @gymsask in the same Canadian Gymnastics Week photos you are submitting to Gymnastics Canada (Facebook – Gym Sask, Twitter & Instagram - @gymsask).
- Make sure to use the hashtag #CDNGymWeekContest.
- Photos can be submitted to Gym Sask until 11:59pm on each day from February 12-February 18.
- Gym Sask’s Facebook page will have an album dedicated to each Canadian Gymnastics Week movement with pictures from everyone who tagged Gym Sask. Use the hashtag for the day (e.g. #GymWeekSprings) so your picture ends up in the proper album.
- Vote for the picture in each album that you think is the best! The picture in each album with the most likes will win our daily prize! So feel free to share them to get more likes!
- Voting goes from February 12th until February 22nd at 11:59pm.
Rhythmic Gymnastics Manitoba Contest STEPS TO ENTER:
- Tag @rgmanitoba in the same Canadian Gymnastics Week photos you are submitting to Gymnastics Canada (Facebook – Rhythmic Gymnastics Manitoba, Twitter & Instagram – @rgmanitoba).
- Make sure to use the hashtag #CDNGymWeekContest.
- Photos can be submitted to RGM until 11:59pm on each day from February 12-February 18.
One overall winner from the week will be selected by an outside group of judges and announced on February 21st. The winner of the RGM contest will win a CUSTOM ORDERED SASAKI BALL (value: $200).
NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR
Gymnastics Newfoundland & Labrador's Contest Information:
Tag @Gymnastics_NL in the same Canadian Gymnastics Week photos you are submitting to Gymnastics Canada with the hashtag #CDNGymWeekContest.